[Hawkular-dev] Cassandra and DataStax driver versions

Peter Palaga ppalaga at redhat.com
Tue Nov 17 10:41:55 EST 2015

Thanks for sharing the news, John.

That PR in hawkular-parent is mine. I was motivated by seeing Juca to
use driver 2.2.0-rc3 in Accounts.

OK, I'll upgrade the driver to the newest major version, next time it
comes under my hands.

A related topic: Juca has recently created C+ driver module in
hawkular-common [1]. The motivation is that ATM, pretty much every HK
component is using the c* driver and pretty much every HK component is
packaging the driver into its war/ear thus unnecessarily increasing the
size of the HK main distro. With this new module the components can
assume the driver is provided and do not need to include it in their
wars/ears. Does anybody have a problem with this approach?

https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-commons/tree/master/cassandra-driver-wf-module

-- P