[Hawkular-dev] oshi and MacOS

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Tue Nov 24 08:08:26 EST 2015

Heiko - I think I remember you reporting this (but I can't remember where or when). See: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/HAWKULAR-838

This is because on MacOS the OSHI library uses the Swing file chooser dialog widget to obtain file system data.

Since MacOS is not an officially supported platform, do we want to do what this JIRA asks? That is, change kettle's startup options? This would also mean we'd have to somehow get the agent installer to also change WF/EAP startup options (not something I think we want to do - especially since this only affects MacOS).

We could add this to the agent install documentation for those on MacOS.

The other alternative is to disable file system data collection in the agent, assuming the user doesn't care about those metrics.