[Hawkular-dev] Proposal: introduce DependencyConvergence enforcer rule

Peter Palaga ppalaga at redhat.com
Tue Nov 24 10:26:07 EST 2015

Hi *,

The proposal is to introduce an enforcer plugin rule called
DependencyConvergence to hawkular-parent. From the rule's docs [1]:

 > This rule requires that dependency version numbers converge. If a
 > project has two dependencies, A and B, both depending on the same
 > artifact, C, this rule will fail the build if A depends on a
 > different version of C then the version of C depended on by B.

Why do we need this: because it brings more consistency and better
control during the productization and sustaining of the project.

Known pitfalls - see [2]

Any comments on this?

Thanks,

Peter