[Hawkular-dev] Preliminary results on Hawkular MS5 from QE

Michael Foley mfoley at redhat.com
Fri Oct 9 08:16:27 EDT 2015

Hi,

QE is almost done qualifying MS5 ... so I thought I would share information at this intermediary point. The link is to a mojo page which summarizes QE activities and findings.

https://mojo.redhat.com/docs/DOC-1047356

The highlights are:

    * UI Automation. New tests added for every JMAN4 Jira delivered. Regression testing on previously delivered Jiras. All results stored in Polarion. All links to pull requests for the creation and refactoring of UI automation.
    * REST API automation. New tests added for every JMAN4 Jira delivered. Regression testing on previously delivered Jiras. All results stored in Polarion. All links to pull requests for the creation and refactoring of REST API automation.
    * Performance CI on Hawk-Metrics. Throughput, response time, and disk usage for every pull request, with a goal to catch performance regressions as they happen. All results stored in Perf Repo.
    * Manual testcases. New documented testcases for every JMAN4 delivered in MS5. Documented testcase execution with results stored in Polarion.
    * Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Hawkular is containerized, a smaller suite of REST API tests are run, and if successful then pushed to a public facing endpoint. http://livingontheedge.hawkular.org/
    * Jiras logged for every issue found as a result of these activities.

We are planning on reviewing the testing activities next Thursday October 15th. Please, you are invited to review, listen, ask questions on this testing ... or even influence or contribute to testing on the next sprint. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions, comments, or suggestions regarding this testing.

Regards,

Michael Foley
QE Supervisor, Middleware BU