[Hawkular-dev] cmdgw forwarding messages from bus to UI

Jiri Kremser jkremser at redhat.com
Wed Oct 21 09:42:41 EDT 2015

| on the contrary alerts are sent
| inmediately via the actions architecture via configured transport

notifications are quite ok, but notifications on the dashboard in web UI are quite common today (take social networks for instance)
Lucas, do you also send the notification on the bus if the alert is triggered?

| In a first thought, having a real full duplex communication is attractive.

well, we have the full duplex communication right now. Web Sockets are by design full-duplex comm layer. What I was suggesting was to extend the set of use-cases we are using it for, currently (afaik) it's only invoking commands.

| But, dealing with session on server also mean an extra complexity where the
| tradeoff is not trivial IMO.

agreed, the current approach is quite naive. It's the in-memory hashmap. This works for 1 instance of Hawkular, but won't probably work for multi-node deployments, on the other hand I see bigger challenges that are blocking the multi-node Hawkular right now than this.

jk