[Hawkular-dev] cmdgw forwarding messages from bus to UI

Lucas Ponce lponce at redhat.com
Wed Oct 21 10:01:45 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----

There are notifications showed in the UI today, but using the general polling mechanism used for communication UI vs REST API.

Bus is used internally as a mechanism of communication between the alerts engine and its plugins architecture.

> | In a first thought, having a real full duplex communication is attractive.
>
> well, we have the full duplex communication right now. Web Sockets are by
> design full-duplex comm layer. What I was suggesting was to extend the set
> of use-cases we are using it for, currently (afaik) it's only invoking
> commands.

I guess this could be an interesting topic for a watercooler meeting.

It would be interesting how is it designed.

So, if at some point we need to apply a similar design, we can just reuse/adapt it.

Thanks,
Lucas