[Hawkular-dev] Is this an applicable use-case for Hawkular

Jay Shaughnessy jshaughn at redhat.com
Tue Oct 27 08:29:03 EDT 2015

Hi Anton,

You're right that at the moment server monitoring is the focus and the
only significant feed is the Wildfly feed.  But the APIs should be there
to develop a custom feed if you like, to generate your own resources,
metrics and alert definitions.   Also, depending on your needs, you
could find that your main needs are metrics and alerting, maybe BTM as
well, and those components can both be used in a "standalone" mode,
independent of the Hawkular framework.  REST APIs are the typical way to
interact with Hawkular.  Hawkular Alerts has no built-in UI, I'm not
sure if Metrics comes with any visualization outside of Hawkular.