[Hawkular-dev] Accounts on Cassandra

Juraci Paixão Kröhling jpkroehling at redhat.com
Tue Oct 27 08:29:14 EDT 2015

On 10/27/2015 01:14 PM, John Mazzitelli wrote:
> Can you clarify what ID you are talking about? This isn't the resource IDs is it? The IDs that feeds create and send to inventory and metrics? AFAIK, the hawkular design for these IDs was that feeds were free to create their own IDs with their own formats/syntax (so long as they are Strings).

Inventory folks can correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I understand,
Inventory uses the path as the ID on their side. That's their "Resource".

When dealing with Accounts, they reuse this ID if the path's length is
smaller than X. If it's bigger than X, then they resort to UUID when
talking to accounts.

So, I assume that consumers of Inventory won't be affected by this
change, as inventory is already translating between path-based IDs and
UUIDs.

- Juca.