[Hawkular-dev] Openshift Origin release candidate 1 is now available ....

Michael Foley mfoley at redhat.com
Fri Oct 30 12:19:32 EDT 2015

Hi,

Openshift Origin Release Candidate 1 is now available.

Unfortunately, Metrics is not in this release candidate ...and will be in the next version 1.0.8, which I presume will be Release Candidate 2.

So ...when Release Candidate 2 becomes available ... we will have to test extremely quickly ..as GA is scheduled for November 19th.

Here's a strawman of the QE Plan:

    * When Openshift 3.1 Release Candidate 2 is available (I think it is November 9th ...from looking at the document from the OSE PM call) ...we need to jump right on this.
    * We have a 5-point QE Plan ... but with just 10 days to test ...I don't think we will make enough progress with automation in that limited amount of time.
    * Let's focus on a manual qualification ...

        * a visual inspection of the Openshift Admin Console to see if metrics from Hawk-metrics are appearing
        * re-execute the few testcases we have (ie, the curl command ... and visually inspect the data)
    *
If there is an issue detected, we will need fast turnaround time from Hawk-Metrics developers. Please.     * QE Deliverable is a documented testcase execution run in Polarion, and a QE Sign-off document ...so I can communicate what was done and the test results.

Regards,

Michael Foley
QE Supervisor, Middleware QE