[Hawkular-dev] Splitting out feed-comm from bus

Peter Palaga ppalaga at redhat.com
Thu Sep 3 15:33:58 EDT 2015

Hi *,

feed-comm is a component hosting the server part of the WebSockets that
both UI and Agent use for bidirectional communication. It is quite new
and it was preliminarily placed to bus git repo [1]. However, feed-comm
needs to depend on Inventory which makes up a cyclic dependency, because
Inventory already depends on Bus.

We came to a consensus with Mazz and Lukáš that the most natural
solution would be the put feed-comm into a new git repo and giving it
its own release cycle. Are there any concerns about this?

We are also in the process of finding a better home for nest, which
conceptually does not belong to bus. Moving to HK main or to a new repo
are being considered.

[1]
https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-bus/tree/0.5.0.Final/hawkular-feed-comm

Thanks,