[Hawkular-dev] Splitting out feed-comm from bus

Peter Palaga ppalaga at redhat.com
Fri Sep 4 09:06:02 EDT 2015

Hi *, inline...

On 2015-09-03 21:33, Peter Palaga wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> feed-comm is a component hosting the server part of the WebSockets that
> both UI and Agent use for bidirectional communication. It is quite new
> and it was preliminarily placed to bus git repo [1]. However, feed-comm
> needs to depend on Inventory which makes up a cyclic dependency, because
> Inventory already depends on Bus.
>
> We came to a consensus with Mazz and Lukáš that the most natural
> solution would be the put feed-comm into a new git repo and giving it
> its own release cycle. Are there any concerns about this?

Good, qui tacet consentit videtur.

We also decided to rename feed-com to command-gateway, because (1) it is
serving not only feeds, but also UI clients and (2) the server part of
WebSockets is often called WebSockets Gateway. In our case the gateway
consists not only of WebSockets but also of Bus and therefore,
WebSockets is not a part of the new name.

> We are also in the process of finding a better home for nest, which
> conceptually does not belong to bus. Moving to HK main or to a new repo
> are being considered.

Although HK main seems to be a good place for nest, we stopped
considering moving nest out of bus, because it works like it is now.

Thanks,

-- P