[Hawkular-dev] hawkular-agent, prometheus, openshift

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Fri Apr 8 17:22:32 EDT 2016

> There are some endpoints used in OpenShift/Kubernetes that stores metrics
> using the Prometheus protocol. These endpoint expose metrics in which
> Prometheus (or something which understands the protocol) can then bring into
> their system. We are looking at potentially being able to read from these
> endpoint types, not being able to read from a Prometheus server itself.

Then it sounds more like we'd want to have some kind of plugin or component inside Hawkular-Metrics itself so H-Metrics can just pull metrics in using the Prometheus protocol (in addition to getting metrics pushed into it via its REST API). This could be an optional component to Hawkular-Metrics for those that don't need or want it. But it sounds like this is just another protocol to insert data into H-Metrics.