[Hawkular-dev] Future Packaging of Hawkular

Peter Palaga ppalaga at redhat.com
Fri Apr 29 03:40:31 EDT 2016

Hi Juca, inline...

On 2016-04-28 14:43, Juraci Paixão Kröhling wrote:
> On 22.04.2016 18:35, Stefan Negrea wrote:
>> *1. Hawkular - Community Distribution*
>>
>> The current Hawkular repository will be adjusted to reflect this new
>> mission; the current UI will be moved to a separate repository. This
>> package builds on Hawkular CoreServices as described next.
>
> When will this split happen? I'm almost done in removing the Keycloak
> dependency from Accounts, so, KC has to be added as dependency directly
> on this distribution.
>
> Who will be doing the packaging for this community distribution?

I the current proposal (based on this thread and further discussion with
Stefan) I stared to work towards is the following:

(1) Hawkular Community Distribution will live in
https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular

(2) Hawkular Core Services will live in
https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-core-services
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/HAWKULAR-1069

(3) hawkular-core-services will depend on Alerts, Command Gateway,
Inventory, Metrics and Commons.

(4) Alerts, Command Gateway, Inventory and Metrics will be made
independent of Accounts. hawkular-core-services will thus depend neither
on Accounts or Keycloak.

So far, I created a Jira only for Command Gateway
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/HAWKULAR-1070

(5) Hawkular Community Distribution will either depend on (a)
hawkular-core-services or (b) directly on Alerts, Command Gateway,
Inventory and Metrics. I tend to prefer (a) because it could save some
duplicate itesting that could happen in core-services only rather than
in both core-services and hawkular main.

@Juca: I hope the above is in accordance with how we (Peter and Juca)
spoke about the future of Accounts. Please protest loudly if I
misunderstood something.

https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular is thus the place where the
dependency on Accounts/KC should come in. I think you (Juca) are free to
hack towards that. Nevertheless, having Accounts-free Alerts, Command
Gateway, Inventory and Metrics is a prerequisite for that.

Thanks,

Peter