[Hawkular-dev] communty distribution question

John Sanda jsanda at redhat.com
Fri Apr 29 09:58:01 EDT 2016

> On Apr 29, 2016, at 8:57 AM, Juraci Paixão Kröhling <jpkroehling at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> On 29.04.2016 14:49, Heiko W.Rupp wrote:
>> On 29 Apr 2016, at 13:41, Juraci Paixão Kröhling wrote:
>>> In the end, what people will see after this 5 minutes test is not what
>>> Hawkular is.
>>
>> So the clear suggestion and opinion here is to remove everything
>> that is not absolutely required by the ManageIQ integration?
>
> Might be, I don't know. Here we cycle back to the question about the
> purpose. What's Hawkular's purpose? If our purpose is to "provide
> Middleware management to ManageIQ", then why not. There are so many
> interesting things to be done at Middleware management that it's a shame
> we'd spend so much time on other non-core stuff…

Before making a decision one way or another, I agree with Juca that we need to answer the question, what is the purpose of Hawkular now? Do we really have legitimate reasons to invest the time, effort, and resources not needed for the ManageIQ integration? Maybe we do. I don’t know. And personally, I don’t think simply growing/supporting the community is very good motivation.