[Hawkular-dev] Hawkular-metrics resource requirements questions

Daniel Miranda danielkza2 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 09:23:54 EST 2016

Thank you very much John, that is, indeed very helpful. It seems compression will be exactly what I'm looking for for long-term storage.

I did some tests with KairosDB in the meantime, and it seems it can sustain ~20K data points/s with a 3-node Cassandra cluster of t2.large AWS instances (no provisioned IOPS, just 20GB of standard EBS storage).
I'll to do some similar tests with Hawkular and report my findings.

Can you share the program that you used for the simulated testing, so that I can try a similar pattern with KairosDB?

Regards,
Daniel