[Hawkular-dev] Move to WF 10.1.0?

Jay Shaughnessy jshaughn at redhat.com
Fri Dec 16 15:44:08 EST 2016

I noticed that on Openshift we are running Hawkular Metrics on WildFly
10.1.0.  It was upped from 10.0.0 several months ago due to a blocking
issue that had been fixed in EAP but not WF 10.0.  I ran into a new
issue when trying to deploy Metrics master on OS Origin.  It failed to
deploy on WF 10.1.0. I was able to solve the issue without a major
change but it called out the fact that we are building Hawkular against
WF 10.0.1 bom and running itests against 10.0.0 server.

Because OS is a primary target platform I'm wondering if we should bump
the parent pom deps to the 10.1.0 bom and server (as well as upping a
few related deps as well, like ISPN).  As part of my investigation I did
this locally for parent pom, commons, alerting and metrics and did not
see any issues.

Thoughts?