[Hawkular-dev] OpenShift agent - multiple identity for certs

Gareth Healy garethahealy at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 04:56:17 EST 2016

One of the first services i am trying to monitor is etcd. etcd in OCP is
configured as per the below:

/var/lib/origin/openshift.local.config/master/master-config.yaml

etcdClientInfo:
  ca: ca.crt
  certFile: master.etcd-client.crt
  keyFile: master.etcd-client.key
  urls:
  - https://10.2.2.2:4001

Which responds with the below cURL:

curl https://10.2.2.2:4001/metrics --cacert ./ca.crt --cert
./master.etcd-client.crt --key ./master.etcd-client.key

So without the "Identity" configuration section set on the agent config,
i'd get a TLS error. As etcd is a core part of OCP, I don't have much
control over the client certs and expect there might be other services
which require the same setup using different certs that i might want to
monitor.

Hope that makes things clear, and Merry Christmas.

Cheers.