[Hawkular-dev] Sending data to metrics via Pinger - bus? REST?

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Thu Feb 11 08:39:16 EST 2016

If we are now going to allow metrics and inventory data to be sent over the bus for storage (in addition to REST) we should consider then also updating the wildfly agent to use the bus WHEN EMBEDDED in the server. This would avoid the agent making REST calls to itself (that is, to the same WF server it is running in). Since the agent would be embedded in a full hawkular container, it could just put message on the bus rather than send REST messages. Only when the agent is running standalone or in another external WF should it send REST messages.

BTW: I thought the pinger was throw-away code and was to be re-implemented the "correct" way by the time hawkular GA is released  ;-)