[Hawkular-dev] Sending data to metrics via Pinger - bus? REST?

Juraci Paixão Kröhling jpkroehling at redhat.com
Thu Feb 11 08:52:46 EST 2016

On 11.02.2016 14:39, John Mazzitelli wrote:
> If we are now going to allow metrics and inventory data to be sent over the bus for storage (in addition to REST) we should consider then also updating the wildfly agent to use the bus WHEN EMBEDDED in the server. This would avoid the agent making REST calls to itself (that is, to the same WF server it is running in). Since the agent would be embedded in a full hawkular container, it could just put message on the bus rather than send REST messages. Only when the agent is running standalone or in another external WF should it send REST messages.

+1 . I know you didn't mean otherwise, but just to make it clear: tenant
information (aka, persona ID) is would still be required, so that the
agent knows to which account this data belongs to.

> BTW: I thought the pinger was throw-away code and was to be re-implemented the "correct" way by the time hawkular GA is released  ;-)

I guess it still is. But right now, it's not working :) So, a "minimal
effort" is required to get it back into the working state.

- Juca.