[Hawkular-dev] RfD: Installer

Lucas Ponce lponce at redhat.com
Wed Jan 27 07:49:13 EST 2016

> * Dorking around with standalone.xml to chose up a mail server

About the mail server configuration, today we are using the Session managed by the server and configured via standalone.xml (accounts and alerts).

In case of the email plugin on alerts, the name of the session is configurable via system env properties, so it could be valid to use a different one in the future (thinking on scenarios of different mail servers per tenant).

How do we want to proceed ? I have several questions related to this and the installer that may affect in how to implement it:

- Do we want to configure the mail servers on standalone.xml or externally ?

- There is a comment in one of the JIRA that it could be good to use a UI for configure mail servers. So this makes me wonder where this configuration should be stored.
(Perhaps this is just a problem for mail servers but not for other configuration, as I don't think in runtime we are going to change the C* server or the KeycloakDS database).

Lucas