[Hawkular-dev] What should be the replacement for printlns in tests?

Peter Palaga ppalaga at redhat.com
Wed Jan 27 10:28:59 EST 2016

On 2016-01-27 15:32, Jay Shaughnessy wrote:

> Yes, of course, that's the usefulness of loggers, but that doesn't mean
> system println is worse than INFO logging in test code.

Yes, println is worse than INFO logging because there e.g. is no way how
you can pointedly turn printlns off for a given class.

> Meaning, to the
> point of adding checkstyle misery.

@Matt perhaps wants to say something ? :)

Checkstyle or not, I found myself adding printlns because I have not
seen a better alternative.

So there is nobody here who knows how to config the test logging with
jboss.logging?

-- P