[Hawkular-dev] Github - Protected Branches

Thomas Segismont tsegismo at redhat.com
Thu Jan 28 11:54:37 EST 2016

If the Metrics repo wasn't your "origin" reference, then:
"git push --force"
wouldn't have corrupted it.

Then of course:
"git push --force upstream"
would have, but it's pretty clear in this case what you're doing.

I believe we are all actively contributing, and many of us (a majority?)
work in their own fork. What is it which you find complicated? It seems
you don't have your own fork so maybe you had troubles in the past with
another project?

As a bonus, working in your own fork avoids to keep useless branches in
the Metrics repo and building each commit twice on Travis.