[Hawkular-dev] Hawkular.org

Thomas Segismont tsegismo at redhat.com
Tue Jul 5 10:21:50 EDT 2016

Le 05/07/2016 à 16:05, Stefan Negrea a écrit :
> On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 8:03 AM, Thomas Segismont <tsegismo at redhat.com
> <mailto:tsegismo at redhat.com>> wrote:
>

>     Le 05/07/2016 à 14:59, Heiko W.Rupp a écrit :
>     >> 2) The Grafana plugin should be moved under Metrics because is for Metrics
>     >> > and only Metrics.
>     > If this is true - can we make it work with H-services as well?
>     >

>     The Grafana plugin works with all active flavors of Metrics: standalone,
>     Openshift-Metrics and Hawkular-Services.
>
>     I'm not sure what Stefan meant.
>

> The Grafana plugins works with Metrics deployed on all distributions
> however, the plugin itself can only be used with the Metrics project,
> there are no projects (such as Alerts, or Inventory) that will ever
> integrate with it. That is why I think it should be under the Metrics
> project and not in another place. The integration itself is very
> specific to just Metrics, not the entire Hawkular Services.

I see what you meant now. But we can't presume anything about other
services roadmaps. For example, the datasource plugin annotation feature
could be implemented with requests to an event service.

Anyway, since it should be able to connect to Metrics in different
environments (H-Services, OS-Metrics and standalone), I err on the side
of promoting it as a top level project.

Thomas Segismont
JBoss ON Engineering Team