[Hawkular-dev] Identification of WildFly in container in a Kube/Openshift env

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Wed Jul 27 07:41:45 EDT 2016

On 22 Jul 2016, at 17:58, Juraci Paixão Kröhling wrote:

> Do we still see the main monitored subject as the application, or do we
> care about the OS/environment? In other words: does it make sense to
> have two application instances with the same feed-id? If so, having

I am not sure I understood the question.
Right now the feed-id more or less "identifies the agent". In a case where
one WildFly has one embedded agent, the feed-id more or less also
identifies that server (at least in standalone mode; I don't think Domain+
Docker/K8s makes too much sense, as you now would have 2 competing
orchestration systems, but I may be wrong).
Now what is an "application instance". If it is a WF running a certain .?ar
file, I don't think it does not make sense to have two with the same
feed-id with this current model I described.

> an
> alternate algorithm for containers that comes up with an ID based on
> local artifacts would solve most of the issues, I believe.

Can you describe that please?

  Heiko