[Hawkular-dev] Some progress on Dockerization of Hawkular-services

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Fri Jun 17 09:25:53 EDT 2016

> As it is relatively hard (not impossible) to do stuff like adding a user
> inside a (immutable) docker container or to edit standalone.xml to
> enable the agent, we need to decide how we add the (default) user
> to hawkular docker container and also if/how to enable the embedded
> agent.

So I assume what you mean by "hard" is you can't CHANGE the docker image after it is built. Right? Just making sure that is what you mean.

To enable the agent would involve running a jboss cli command:

./jboss-cli.sh --connect --controller=127.0.0.1 \
   '/subsystem=hawkular-wildfly-agent/:write-attribute(name=enabled,value=true)'

Similar CLI commands to get the agent's credentials set up:

./jboss-cli.sh --connect --controller=127.0.0.1 \
   /subsystem=hawkular-wildfly-agent/storage-adapter=default/:write-attribute(name=user,value=jdoe)

./jboss-cli.sh --connect --controller=127.0.0.1 \
   /subsystem=hawkular-wildfly-agent/storage-adapter=default/:write-attribute(name=password,value=password)

You would have to restart the container once you do that to make the change take effect (if we want this to happen without a restart, write a HWKAGENT JIRA, that is probably not hard to get to work).

The more difficult part is getting the user to know to run that and where the user gets jboss-cli.sh. I guess you can't run a script that is found inside a docker container?