[Hawkular-dev] Some progress on Dockerization of Hawkular-services

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Fri Jun 17 12:02:26 EDT 2016

Hey Viet,

On 17 Jun 2016, at 17:45, Viet Nguyen wrote:

> How about using regular Dockerfile instead of the maven plugin?  you
> can 'burn' changes (adding users, configuring standalone.xml...) into
> the final image?

Yes I know. I did that in my first step - see older email.
The maven plugin has the beauty to me that it is all automated
and repeatable and consumes the maven properties we have.

Your Dockerfile certainly looks good as well. In the past we had
one in hawkular/hawkular that always required editing after
we released a new Hawkular version, which is not sustainable.

The changes of you mention above are some that most
probably need to be deferred to container instantiation time
unless we build a dev-container/-image.

   Heiko