[Hawkular-dev] hawkular services with embedded c profile - need PR reviewed/merged

John Sanda jsanda at redhat.com
Mon Jun 20 16:04:44 EDT 2016

I know that there has been reluctance to using ccm, but that really should be part of the development environment. It can run on any platform that has python. You can easily manage single- or multi-node clusters that run locally. I walked Jay through it in less than 5 minutes and had him up and running with these simple steps:

1. pip install ccm
2.  ccm create test -v 3.7 -n 1 —nodes
3. Edit ~/.ccm/test/node1/conf/cassandra.yaml and set the start_rpc property to true (needed for inventory)
4. ccm stop
5. ccm start