[Hawkular-dev] hawkular services with embedded c profile - need PR reviewed/merged

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Mon Jun 20 16:43:10 EDT 2016

Honestly, I don't get it. We have a nice all-in-one way to run hawkular server. I don't want to have to spend even 5 minutes learning how great ccm is, or how to download/install/start C* on its own, when the feature exists that I can just build and run.

We have a way to embed our datasource! That's awesome! Why are we afraid to use it or support it - even from just a dev or demo standpoint?

BTW: We are still using embedded C* in our itests - so we are still in need to support it.

Anyway, as I say, this is a completely separate, standalone maven profile. You never have to use it - you don't even need to know it exists. Just ignore it if you want. But for people who want it, its there. Win-win.

As for the fact it is more code, I will see if I can get the pom to generate its own feature-branch xml file so we only have one. When that happens, there will be no real extra config to maintain. The only thing extra will be the use of this hawkular.embeddedc property - which really just mimics the hawkular.rest.url/password stuff.