[Hawkular-dev] Has to provide tenant header to look up tenant

Lukas Krejci lkrejci at redhat.com
Wed Jun 22 08:49:08 EDT 2016

Inventory's REST API currently doesn't have a mechanism to tell you the list
of tenants it knows about.

I'm not sure it actually is a desirable thing to do, because the knowledge of
tenant IDs are an external concern that might be up for some kind of
authorization checks that are out of control of inventory. As such, inventory
just goes with the tenant ID you give it and assumes you are authorized to
know it.

The tenant endpoint exists solely because you can ask questions about the
tenant (of which you only know the ID otherwise) like what properties are
stored with it, what relationships it participates in, etc.

--
Lukas Krejci