[Hawkular-dev] using hawkular wildfly agent as a custom java agent

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Wed Mar 23 13:20:00 EDT 2016

On 23 Mar 2016, at 13:28, John Mazzitelli wrote:

> The question was asked yesterday, "Can we use the Hawkular WildFly
> Agent to monitor other things other than WildFly?"

Can we be a bit more precise here - we have a lot of feeds
that just feed into metrics, but completely ignore inventory.
The wf-agent does both. We have ptrans that only feeds into
metrics and you need to later know what you are looking for.

On the Ruby side we have support for inventory in the Gem,
which I have described here:

http://pilhuhn.blogspot.com/2016/02/send-iot-data-to-hawkular-full.html

For the vert.x agent we have GSoC proposals to add inventory
functionality.

For things like Fuse etc. I believe we always need inventory. Just
pumping metrics from left to right is not enough.