[Hawkular-dev] communty distribution question

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Mon May 2 06:54:09 EDT 2016

On 29 Apr 2016, at 17:02, Gary Brown wrote:

> But this is the key point - the community should be using the upstream
> version of what will be productised - not just the backend with a
> completely different front end.

As the backend is accessed via frontend, all interaction via the
frontend will
use and "test" the backend.

> hawkular specific UI is for ease of use, then it implies we don't care
> how complex our product is to setup. I think this is the wrong
> approach, we should

I don't think this implication is correct.

> use this difficulty in the current setup to motivate us to fix it
> rather than trying to avoid the issue.

I do not see why this is an either/or here.

I still see a value in the Hawkular we have (without the App server) tab
beyond the use case of Middleware Management in MiQ, but am not able
to predict (to address Juca's questions) what users can come up with.