[Hawkular-dev] Hawkular-Archive - New Org

Stefan Negrea snegrea at redhat.com
Mon May 2 12:00:48 EDT 2016

Hello Peter,

The type of problem that you raised is the exact reason why I proposed
another org. Why would you have a source dep on something that is no longer
maintained? That is really bad for the active project because the raw
unmaintained repository is included in something active. What if there are
issues with building the unmaintained code? Who will fix it? Nobody should
touch the archived repository!

The proper course of action for the scenario you described is to have the
active project drop the dependency on the archived project. And the
archived project should have had a release prior to being archived. The
active project should have depended on the officially released version of
the archived project and drop it as soon as possible.

If we set aside srcdep scenario, do you have any other objections to a new
org for archived repositories?

Thank you,
Stefan Negrea

Software Engineer