[Hawkular-dev] Agent - EAP Domain mode support

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Mon May 2 13:46:20 EDT 2016

> DC or HC (as opposed to running in all the standalone servers?)

Those servers are not standalone, but managed by HCs and DC.
HCs for example start and stop them.

> is just a specially configured host controller - there is only one DC
> per domain).

Yes. And it is the central brain of such a setup.
All config change requests have to go through the DC.

> Do we want to run the agent only in the domain controller? Or do we
> want to run one agent in each host controller? I suspect we want to do
> the latter, not

We may run them in the HCs for monitoring of the managed servers of
this HC.

> A different approach to consider is that we can have the host
> controllers inject agents into the WildFly servers they spawn (so we
> can then monitor each

I think this is a larger hit on the memory footprint, which is not
necessary.

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn