[Hawkular-dev] accounts, tenants, the agent

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Fri May 6 06:30:01 EDT 2016

Now that Accounts is getting taken out, how is the agent to determine its tenant ID?

The agent needs to know its tenant ID when inserting data into Hawkular Metrics.

Right now, the agent makes an explicit http call to the Accounts URL to obtain the tenant of its user. If Accounts goes away, the only thing left that I can see is to make required the agent attribute "tenantId" in standalone.xml configuraiton of the agent subsystem.

Is that correct? There is no other way to get the tenant ID of a user now, I guess.

(for what its worth, tenant IDs are important in the Open Shift use-case)