[Hawkular-dev] accounts, tenants, the agent

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Fri May 6 08:21:54 EDT 2016

> Can't you just consider the tenantId the same as the feedId? Or use some
> fixed word, like 'global'? Please don't use the slashes, equal symbols and
> others :)

That's what I was thinking of doing to avoid requiring people to set the tenantId. They can still set tenantId if they want something different, but, I think I will default to the feed ID.

> As for the inventory, currently the tenant is auto-created with the very
> first call to the rest api. There is no dedicated endpoint to create the
> tenant. The tenant id is obtained from the accounts component. Probably,
> this will be changed to get the tenant id from the http header. So all you
> need to do is to start inserting the data with the correctly set tenant id
> header.

Right. I would have to add that. Right now the agent only sends tenant ID header to metrics. Looks like I will need to send it to inventory as well.

I wonder if we need to start passing tenant ID around in the websocket commands too?

Peter/Juca - with all the work you are doing in cmdgw stuff - do you know if we need to add tenant ID to all the commands?