[Hawkular-dev] Keycloak on Hawkular

Juraci Paixão Kröhling jpkroehling at redhat.com
Tue May 10 12:07:02 EDT 2016

On 10.05.2016 17:46, Anton wrote:

> On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 5:31 PM, Juraci Paixão Kröhling
> <jpkroehling at redhat.com <mailto:jpkroehling at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     Nothing prevents Hawkular from shipping with Keycloak (server and/or
>     adapter), as recent versions of Keycloak can protect any WAR deployments
>     transparently, via the Keycloak Adapter Subsystem for Wildfly. This can
>     be done by the community if interest in that integration exists but I
>     currently have no plans on working on that.
>

> I really hope this is included. I can appreciate you want to remove
> dependencies, but Keycloak is extremely useful, and I had come to expect
> - falsely - that jboss/redhat products would provide easy or OOTB
> support for something so fundamental as Keycloak.

"Easy" is subjective, but I'd say that it's still easy to have Keycloak
protecting Hawkular: it's just a matter of installing the Keycloak
Adapter and adding the <secure-deployment> sections to the standalone.xml :

https://git.io/vrU8h

Note that we did ship Keycloak server on the same Wildfly instance as
Hawkular, but that was never a recommended approach other than for
development purposes. So, one could argue that it's easier to do a
proper Keycloak integration now than it was before :)

- Juca.