[Hawkular-dev] Composition of the community distribution / Naming

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Fri May 13 06:09:31 EDT 2016

On 4 May 2016, at 16:05, Heiko W.Rupp wrote:
> Technical areas for discussion in the community-release (Hawkular-aio)
> are:
>
> * Url handling / pinger / avail-creator
>
> Probably not needed going forward

Ok, will be removed.
See https://issues.jboss.org/browse/HAWKULAR-1077

> * UI/ Alert Center
>
> Needed in a generic way - i.e. allow to see fired alerts/events and to
> define
> generic triggers. For the display it will be enough to iterate over the
> Event/Alert
> object returned from the REST-api and to display the key/value pairs.
>
> * UI/ Explorer
>
> This needs to stay and we need to fix some smaller bugs to allow
> for inventory browsing and display of metric charts
>
> * Accounts / Multi-tenancy
>
> I still see this as a great value and unique selling point, but also see
> the effort
> of maintaining this (and the issues we have with KC and hostnames).
> It may be good to also remove this

This is addressed by the JAAS work that is going on and
the 'hawkular' default tenant. Juca sent email about that
some days ago.

> * Embedded Cassandra
>
> I think this needs to be present in the community-distribution
>
> * UI/Agent installer
>
> Not sure if this is still needed or if we would just put the
> agent+installer
> into a directory of the zip for the users to take the installer from
> there.

Opinions? For hawkular-services, there is no UI, so there will be
no UI screen there. I think for the full/community distribution
just putting that in a directory of the downloaded .zip is enough.

> * Default user
>
> The Hawkular-aio download should feature a default user jdoe/password
> which is also set in the embedded agent.

And also being prepopulated with the default tenant.