[Hawkular-dev] Composition of the community distribution / Naming

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Fri May 13 06:12:19 EDT 2016

And of course I forgot the elephant in the room:

removal of the app-server tab and its special knowledge.

On 13 May 2016, at 12:09, Heiko W.Rupp wrote:

> On 4 May 2016, at 16:05, Heiko W.Rupp wrote:
>> Technical areas for discussion in the community-release
>> (Hawkular-aio)
>> are:
>>
>> * Url handling / pinger / avail-creator
>>
>> Probably not needed going forward
>
> Ok, will be removed.
> See https://issues.jboss.org/browse/HAWKULAR-1077
>
>> * UI/ Alert Center
>>
>> Needed in a generic way - i.e. allow to see fired alerts/events and
>> define
>> generic triggers. For the display it will be enough to iterate over
>> the
>> Event/Alert
>> object returned from the REST-api and to display the key/value pairs.
>>
>> * UI/ Explorer
>>
>> This needs to stay and we need to fix some smaller bugs to allow
>> for inventory browsing and display of metric charts
>>
>> * Accounts / Multi-tenancy
>>
>> I still see this as a great value and unique selling point, but also
>> see
>> the effort
>> of maintaining this (and the issues we have with KC and hostnames).
>> It may be good to also remove this
>
> This is addressed by the JAAS work that is going on and
> the 'hawkular' default tenant. Juca sent email about that
> some days ago.
>
>> * Embedded Cassandra
>>
>> I think this needs to be present in the community-distribution
>>
>> * UI/Agent installer
>>
>> Not sure if this is still needed or if we would just put the
>> agent+installer
>> into a directory of the zip for the users to take the installer from
>> there.
>
> Opinions? For hawkular-services, there is no UI, so there will be
> no UI screen there. I think for the full/community distribution
> just putting that in a directory of the downloaded .zip is enough.
>

>> * Default user
>>
>> The Hawkular-aio download should feature a default user jdoe/password
>> which is also set in the embedded agent.
>
> And also being prepopulated with the default tenant.

Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München HRB 153243
Geschäftsführer: Paul Argiry, Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham,
Michael O'Neill