[Hawkular-dev] the new hawkular services distro

Juraci Paixão Kröhling jpkroehling at redhat.com
Tue May 24 04:48:03 EDT 2016

On 24.05.2016 10:29, Peter Palaga wrote:
> I have added maven dev profile yesterday, that adds jdoe:password. The
> present state of the PR#1 also boots without any apparent failures. Now,
> we need to figure out how to itest it.

Let me put my QE hat and share my thoughts: Hawkular Services REST
endpoints is what we expose as API to other clients, like agents, the Go
client, the Ruby client and so on. What is done "inside" doesn't matter
much, as long as this API is stable. So, I'd build a set of use cases
and do a set of independent test cases, which could in turn be run by
CI/CD platform.

We could even get fancy and do it using some "Given/When/Then" framework
like Cucumber, so that end users can use it as reference on how to use
Hawkular Services.

- Juca.