[Hawkular-dev] JDG and Hawkular

Josejulio Martinez Magana jmartine at redhat.com
Wed Nov 9 12:50:09 EST 2016

Hello,

Thomas asked me to take a look at how JDG 7 (based on EAP 7.0) worked along
with Hawkular and ManageIQ.

I installed the Hawkular wildfly agent (on the JDG) and started it with:

./bin/standalone.sh -Djboss.socket.binding.port-offset=1000

and right after starting, when performing a discovery (i think) it throws
the following exception:

ERROR [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation] (Hawkular WildFly
Agent Full Discovery Scan-1) WFLYCTL0013: Operation ("read-attribute")
failed - address: ([
    ("socket-binding-group" => "standard-sockets"),
    ("socket-binding" => "http")

Aside from that exception It seems to be working well with
hawkular-services and ManageIQ. I could do deployments, undeploy, create
datasources, stop the server, and so on.

I'm not sure if the discovery process ends unexpectedly with that exception
or if it continues.
Anyone know if this could affect discovery of other resources ?

I attached a minimal server.log of JDG as i didn't see anything relevant on
Hawkular-services console.

Thanks,
  Josejulio.