[Hawkular-dev] open shift agent - what to call it?

Jiri Kremser jkremser at redhat.com
Wed Oct 19 08:37:24 EDT 2016

Hello,

It's hard to come up with some name that fits well with the hawk and ocular
metaphor. I like what the ELK stack has, they have units called beats (it
evokes some periodicity to me and also it sounds like a bee). imho, "bee"
is the best name for a lightweight agent that collect metrics, but it
doesn't work for us.

What about having multiple agents called "ocular" or okular. Like OpenShift
Okular, WildFly Okular, ${you name it} Okular? Although, flying hawk w/
multiple oculars imply the pull architecture. Hawkular X Agent isn't bad,
but it's too long and too enterprisy, worse is only Red Hat Hawkular
OpenShift Agent :]

jk