[Hawkular-dev] Proposal for Query DSL

Lucas Ponce lponce at redhat.com
Tue Apr 18 04:25:29 EDT 2017

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 10:14 AM, Heiko W.Rupp <hrupp at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 18 Apr 2017, at 0:10, Benjamin Heiskell wrote:
>
> > cross-metric
> > mathematics like sums, division, and moving averages (i.e.,
>
> As I wrote in my post, the the blog post in [1] is a great motivator
> for such a language.
>
> > What do you all think?
>
> I like that :-)
>
> And as others have said already, it is not enough to just use
> the aggregations over tags, but it should allow for more complete
> mathematical operations.
>

> [1] https://www.circonus.com/2016/06/percentages-arent-people/

This post is great.

I think that it is good to mention that Hawkular offers support for Nelson
Rules [2][3] which provide additional techniques of process control to
detect scenarios as described in the post.

Modeling is a very interesting and open topic, so offering a rich set of
tooling will help users to model better their business scenarios.

[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_rules
[3] http://www.hawkular.org/docs/rest/rest-alerts.html#NelsonCondition