[Hawkular-dev] classifier needed on javaagent as mvn dependency

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Tue Apr 18 21:53:24 EDT 2017

<tl;dr>
 If you are pulling in the hawkular javaagent uber-jar as a dependency, you need to use the classifier "shaded" now.
</tl;dr>

We are going to merge the following in the hawkular-agent repo:

https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-agent/pull/318

This will mean the java-agent uber jar will have some classes relocated with the shade plugin. What that further means is that any other maven module pulling in that uber-jar needs to use the new classifier to pick up the jar we expect people to use.

See this comment:

https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-agent/pull/318#issuecomment-294837359

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.hawkular.agent</groupId>
  <artifactId>hawkular-javaagent</artifactId>
  <version>${version.org.hawkular.agent}</version>
  <classifier>shaded</classifier>
</dependency>