[Hawkular-dev] A convention for metrics (short) name

Jay Shaughnessy jshaughn at redhat.com
Wed Aug 9 10:27:49 EDT 2017

No, that is not what I meant.  All I am saying is yes, I agree that we
should have a convention for a simple name tag, but also that adding
many tags representing the "path components" of the metrics' owning
resource is a good idea. Prometheus' query power comes from it's ability
to quickly slice and dice TS based on labels.  Our mode is not the same
but there can still be a lot of power in tagQuery given robust tagging.