[Hawkular-dev] openshift - using cluster up but building from source

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Sat Feb 18 23:45:11 EST 2017

Has anyone been able to use "oc cluster up --metrics" in order to run OpenShift Origin *and* Origin Metrics but running a local build (i.e. I need to pick up changes in master branch of Origin/Origin Metrics that aren't released yet).

The docs make it look very complicated, and nothing I found seems to help a dev get this up and running quickly without having to look at tons of docs and run lots of commands with bunches of yaml :).

I'm hoping it is easy, but not documented.

This link doesn't even mention "cluster up" let alone running with Origin Metrics: https://github.com/openshift/origin/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.adoc#develop-locally-on-your-host

If I run "openshift start" - how do I get my own build of Origin Metrics to deploy, like "oc cluster up --metrics" does?

It seems no matter what I do, using "cluster up" pulls down images from docker hub. I have no idea how to run Origin+Metrics using a local build.

I'm hoping someone knows how to do this and can give me the steps.