[Hawkular-dev] openshift - using cluster up but building from source

Juraci Paixão Kröhling jpkroehling at redhat.com
Mon Feb 20 04:58:06 EST 2017

Mazz,

On 02/19/2017 05:45 AM, John Mazzitelli wrote:
> Has anyone been able to use "oc cluster up --metrics" in order to run OpenShift Origin *and* Origin Metrics but running a local build (i.e. I need to pick up changes in master branch of Origin/Origin Metrics that aren't released yet).

As long as you have the desired artifacts in a Docker registry (local or
remote), you should be able to specify it vi the --image and --version
flags:

oc cluster up --image='openshift/origin' --version=latest

In case that's not enough: on a recent task, I built OpenShift locally
and started it with "sudo ./openshift start", and then, from the
origin-metrics clone:

$ ./hack/build-images.sh \
     --prefix="jpkroehling/origin-" \
     --version="dev"

$ oc process -f metrics.yaml \
    -v IMAGE_PREFIX="jpkroehling/origin-" \
    -v IMAGE_VERSION="dev" \
    -v HAWKULAR_METRICS_HOSTNAME=hawkular-metrics.example.com \
    -v USE_PERSISTENT_STORAGE=false \
    -v CASSANDRA_NODES=2 | oc create -n openshift-infra -f -

- Juca.