[Hawkular-dev] Integrating APM data into H-Metrics

Gary Brown gbrown at redhat.com
Tue Jan 10 07:03:14 EST 2017

Thanks for the suggestions.

Wikipedia also provides some examples, such as customer acquisition/attrition, which equally would relate to the number of specific business transactions (representing adding and removing customers).

So it appears most KPIs would involve post processing of the trace data to derive the interesting metrics. So depends whether that should reside in APM, or whether we should just record basic standard metrics (e.g. related to num/duration etc of named transactions) and let other rules aggregate/derive/analyse these metrics?

Regards
Gary