[Hawkular-dev] hawkular.org - Redux Initiative

Stefan Negrea snegrea at redhat.com
Thu Jul 6 14:56:37 EDT 2017

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 2:22 AM, Heiko Rupp <hrupp at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> On 3 Jul 2017, at 23:42, Stefan Negrea wrote:
>
> > I waited about 2 weeks to allow enough time for feedback. There was a
> > good amount of initial discussion on the document mostly in the form
> > of proposals to enhance the initial plan. There were zero negative
> > comments and nobody opposed the plan.
>
> I know I did not chime in on the document, so have no right
> to complain now :-)

The document is still available for comments.

> I think though that the removal of Hawkular Services is wrong.
> It may indeed at the moment only exist for that one consumer,
> which is ManageIQ, but not listing it is in my opinion also
> confusing. Instead of removing it, we should perhaps better
> educate visitors of the web site (in a graphical way?) how this
> relates to the other projects.
> Similar to Tracing. This is no longer Hawkular APM, so it is right
> not to list Hawkular APM, but so far Tracing folks are still under the
> Hawkular umbrella and the blog contains a lot of content about it.

Hawkular Services has a very narrow use and I consider it an integration of
the basic Hawkular components into another product. The Hawkular.org
website should focus on building a community around the core components not
on the product initiatives. I have these details in the document with the
plan.