[Hawkular-dev] agent running as a VM javaagent - non-EAP based solution

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Wed Mar 8 14:09:32 EST 2017

> I still need to see how well this supports the disabling/enabling of metrics
> on the fly from the websocket commands (e.g. I will need to add the ability
> to change the YAML config to persist the settings, that is not done yet -
> the EAP-based agent got this support for free - its config changes go into
> standalone.xml).

Just checked - the cmdgw command to update collection intervals won't work because it is assuming the agent is always DMR-accessible which it no longer is. This won't be hard to refactor that command to get it to work, but for now, this will not work when running as javaagent - still works as normal with the subsystem agent.