[Hawkular-dev] agent running as a VM javaagent - non-EAP based solution

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Thu Mar 9 15:04:44 EST 2017

> > I still need to see how well this supports the disabling/enabling of
> > metrics on the fly from the websocket commands (e.g. I will need to add the ability
> > to change the YAML config to persist the settings, that is not done yet -
> > the EAP-based agent got this support for free - its config changes go into
> > standalone.xml).
>
> Just checked - the cmdgw command to update collection intervals won't work
> because it is assuming the agent is always DMR-accessible which it no longer
> is. This won't be hard to refactor that command to get it to work, but for
> now, this will not work when running as javaagent - still works as normal
> with the subsystem agent.

This is fixed now. Updating collection intervals and enabling/disabling metrics should now work even when deployed at a javaagent.

At this point in time, I'm hard-pressed to think of a feature the WildFly Agent has that the javaagent does not (short of the obvious "there is no CLI" and "there is no installer" - but there is really nothing to install so that's moot). If anyone plays with this (especially with CFME on the front end) let me know what you find.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but right now, it looks like it is working really well. I just have to build in itests for it (right now, all the WildFly Agent itests still exist and pass, so I know I didn't break that).